Nurse Next Door vs. BrightStar Home Care Franchise: Review
Here’s why Nurse Next Door outshines competitors in the home care industry
Experts estimate that the home care industry in the United States is currently valued at $84 billion and 90% of adults over 50 prefer to age in the comfort of their own home. By 2050, it’s expected that almost 21% of the population will be 65 or older, and most of the growth is expected to occur between 2010 and 2030.
Combine these statistics with an aging population and you get an industry that is about to explode. As more people are searching for home care, the need grows for a company that can meet not only seniors’ physical and medical care needs but their emotional needs as well.
Since its start in 2001 and decision to begin franchising in 2006, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door has emerged as one of North America’s most innovative and fastest-growing home care companies. Since its expansion into the United States in 2012, the company has been making headlines for its approach to celebrating aging in an often somber industry and its recent one-of-a-kind partnership with major health system, St. Joseph, which secured 26 new franchises in the Southern California area.
This is what sets Nurse Next Door apart from its competitors in the home care field. Below is a comprehensive comparison chart that shows how competitively Nurse Next Door stacks up next to home care franchise company, BrightStar.
|Nurse Next Door||BrightStar|
|Liquid Cash Requirement||$125,000||$100,000|
|Total Investment||$106,000 – $158,700||$93,542 – $172,965|
|Ongoing Royalty Fee||5%||5% -6%|
|Ad Royalty Fee||1%||2%|
|Training at Headquarters||5 days||10 days|
|Medical and Non-Medical||Yes||Yes|
Sources: Nurse Next Door, Entrepreneur.com and BrightStar franchise sites
Five Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Consider a Nurse Next Door Home Care Franchise
- 24/7 Centralized Scheduling. One of the most common causes of burnout in the home care industry is administration – scheduling and calls that can take over Franchise Partners’ time and energy. At Nurse Next Door, we believe that Franchise Partners should focus on growing their business, not on day-to-day operations. Through our proven 24/7 Care Services Center, Care Services Specialists handle scheduling requests and field calls to and from clients, client contacts and caregivers. As a franchise’s business grows, so does their support with the number of Care Services Specialists dedicated to them.
- The Brand. At Nurse Next Door, we live by the core values of Admire People, WOW Customer Experience, Find a Better Way and Passionate About Making a Difference. Those aren’t simply phrases that hang on the walls at HeartQuarters, our head office in Vancouver – they’re values the company and staff live by. Our imagery grabs people and urges them to get out there and enjoy life! Our visuals, videos, content and social media show seniors how they see themselves – lively. The approach reflects Nurse Next Door’s unique, fun company culture and helps engage target markets.
- Happier Aging. From our use of pink to images of elders celebrating aging, we stand out in an industry where home care is often looked at as somber and frankly, depressing. At Nurse Next Door, we believe whole-heartedly in getting clients back to doing the things they used to love to do. It’s about caring, not just health care as we go beyond providing tasks. In addition to services like housekeeping and personal care, our caregivers build relationships with clients and help them identify those key things that bring them happiness.
- Franchise Models. Nurse Next Door offers three unique business models geared towards entrepreneurs and organizations who want to build scalable, robust home care businesses while making a positive impact on their community. Our Traditional Franchise Concept, Sophisticated Investor Model and Health System Model all encompass a different number of franchise units, minimum investments and distinctive skills that are tailored towards candidates’ experiences and preferences.
- Training and Support. We offer an extensive week of training in our Headquarters office, also known as HeartQuarters, where we cover topics such as our brand to how to make a sales call. However, we believe that support should be accessible even after Training Week. That’s why we have our business coaches who will guide Franchise Partners along the way, whether they’re just starting out or have been operational for several years. In addition to this, Franchise Partners will be equipped with resources such as our 16 week Marketing Plan and Standard Operating Procedures that will set them up for success.
Learn More About Nurse Next Door
With over 130 locations across North America and growing, Nurse Next Door offers a desirable opportunity to develop a thriving business in a guaranteed market that makes a difference in people’s lives. We’d love to talk to you about our home health care business opportunity. Fill out our form and download our free franchise report at nursenextdoorfranchise.co.uk or take a look at our LinkedIn page for more information about how we make lives better every day.